Dress: Issa | Bag: Karen Walker | Pumps: Louboutin | Sunnies: Stella McCartney | Top: J.Crew | Pouch: Commes de Garcons | Skirt: Peter Pilotto | Sunnies: Thierry Lasry | Earrings: Kenneth Jay Lane | Blush: Burberry | Sneakers: Kate Spade | Bracelet: Marc Jacobs
A Very Berry Blood Orange Margarita:
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 10-12 raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 2-3 oz agave nectar
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces blood orange juice (2-3 oranges)
- 3 ounces tequila, preferably Reposado
- salt for the rim, lime/orange wedges for garnish
- Combine equal parts of salt and sugar and spread on a saucer. Rub the rim of each glass with a lime wedge and then dip the edge into the salt/sugar combination.
- Put the raspberries and strawberries into a cocktail shaker with a Tbsp of agave nectar and using a muddler or the back of a large spoon, smash the berries and mix well.
- Add the remaining agave nectar with the orange liqueur, lime juice, blood orange juice and tequila in the cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake for approximately 30 second until ice cold.
- Strain the liquid through a mesh strainer to remove the solids.
- Fill the rimmed glasses with ice and pour mixture into the glasses. Garnish with an orange slice, lime section and strawberry.